If you didn’t quite make the grade for Wimbledon this year, don’t despair, you can still get a game at the PING Festival Bournemouth!
Ping pong tables have appeared at various locations across Bournemouth and Poole for this free outdoor summer festival that runs until 4 September 2017.
The Ping Festival Bournemouth is funded by Sport England, and organised by Active Dorset and Ping England.
Ping is free to play. Just turn up at one of the tables, grab a bat and ball, find yourself an opponent and play!
There are more than 25 tables, and 1,000 bats. One of the tables is in Bournemouth Gardens, right outside the Arlington Hotel, next door to the mini golf.
If you want to be a bit more adventurous, why not do a tour of Ping Festival Bournemouth tables. Some tables don’t have bats & balls, so you might need to take your own!
Tables near the Arlington Hotel
These are the tables with bats & balls that are less than a mile from the Arlington Hotel
- Bournemouth Mini Golf (0.00 miles)
- Westover Gardens (0.23 miles)
- Bournemouth Seafront (0.29 miles)
- Central Gardens – Tennis Centre (0.39 miles)
- Bear Pit Cafe Bournemouth Station Roundabout (0.85 miles)
Tables with bats & balls slightly further afield
- Art Cafe (Boscombe Highstreet) (1.72 miles)
- Queens Park (1.77 miles)
- Bournemouth University (1.79 miles)
- Cafe Boscanova (Boscombe Highstreet) (1.90 miles)
- AFC Bournemouth (2.05 miles)
- Redhill Park (2.30 miles)
- ALTITUDE High Ropes (2.94 miles)
- Muscliffe Community Centre (2.96 miles)
- Tuckton Tea Gardens (4.02 miles)
- Ping Pong Parlour, Poole (4.41 miles)
Tables without Bats & Balls
- Squirrel Cafe & Mini Golf (1.36 miles)
- Joy Cafe (1.57 miles)
- Riviera Bar & Restaurant (1.79 miles)
- Dance For All (1.98 miles)
- Kingfisher Barn Visitor Centre (3.04 miles)
- Sandbanks Beach (3.58 miles)
- Poole Park (3.76 miles)
- Hamworthy Park – Harbour Challenge (5.66 miles)
More information can be found on the Ping England website
Don’t forget, there is also free table tennis all year round at Boscombe Pier
Enjoy a game of Ping Pong when you book a stay at the Arlington Hotel, Bournemouth