It’s been Christmas at the Arlington for a couple of weeks now – we’re in full swing with Turkey & Tinsel, so Santa’s already visited a few times.
Bournemouth Christmas Celebrations started with the opening of the fantastic ice-rink in the Gardens, and the Christmas market is open for business. The little wooden chalets are looking pretty festive with their selection of food, gifts and Christmas knick-knacks. The smell of grilled bratwurst and roasted chestnuts adds a festive aroma to the cold air.
The Moose Bar with it’s friendly ‘beer garden’ in the square is open for beer and warming mulled wine served in a traditional Christmas ‘boot’. The Moose Bar will also offer live music most days from 1 December to 3 January. Father Christmas will also be making an appearance between 5 and 6 most days until Christmas Eve.
Moose Bar Music Christmas 2016:
- Thurs 1 Dec -6-8pm Kimari Raven
- Sun 4 Dec – 12 -2pm Scott Haynes – 2pm til 4pm Sarah Di Battista
- Tues 6th Dec – 6-8pm Jonny Phillips
- Weds 7th Dec – 6-8pm Krista Green
- Thurs 8th Dec – 6-8pm Tim Somerfield
- Sun 11th Dec – 12-2pm Lauren Fitzgerald – 2-4pm Matt Griffiths
- Tues 13th Dec – 6-8pm Jax Hall
- Weds 14th Dec – 6-8pm Charlie Woodford – 8pm til 9pm Vocalsville choir
- Thurs 15th Dec – 4-4.40pm Bournemouth & Poole College choir – 6-8pm Soulcreek
- Sun 18th Dec – 12-2pm Teen Ambition – 2-4pm Ant Lewis
- Mon 19th Dec – 7-9pm Sound of Soul choir
- Tues 20th Dec – 6-8pm Amanda Chennell
- Weds 21st Dec – 6-8pm Helena Mace & Grant James
- Thurs 22nd Dec – 6-8pm Vintage Dogs
- Tues 27th Dec – 5-7pm EJ Evans – 7-9pm Richard Sams
- Weds 28th Dec – 5-7pm Marine Drive – 7-9pm Polly Morris
- Thurs 29th Dec – 5-7pm Sara Harris – 7-9pm Tara Flanagan
- Tues 3rd Jan – 5-7pm Stacey Leighann – 7-9pm Paul Walker
- Weds 4th Jan – 5-7pm Issy Whitlock – 7-9pm Lee Rasdall-Dove
Bournemouth Christmas Celebrations
The official launch of Bournemouth Christmas Festival takes place at the Pier Approach on 18th November. Bournemouth has lined up live entertainment, light shows and a beach firework display to get Christmas started. Christmas lights in the Lower Gardens and the town centre will be switched on to start the Bournemouth Christmas Celebrations
The Pier Approach schedule:
6.00pm – Pre event performance from SBLAS Performing Arts School
6.30pm – Event start time
6.45pm – Max Stone – 2015 X Factor Finalist
7.15pm – Mayor announces the Light Show
7.20pm – Pyro Display
A number of 6ft tall Nutcracker Kings are already making their appearances around ready for the Nutcracker Trail.
There is late night shopping every Thursday from 24 November to 22 December with free parking at selected car parks from 4pm on Thursday and all day Sunday (24 November – 22 December).
Why not pop down to the Arlington for a pre-Christmas break and enjoy the festivities with us.