The 2017 Bournemouth International Triathlon took place on Sunday 10 September 2017. We will update this page as soon as we have dates for the 2018 Bournemouth International Triathlon.
The Triathlon takes place right next to Bournemouth Pier, and starts with the sea swim from Bournemouth beach. The fast bike ride then heads towards the market town of Ringwood on the edge of The New Forest. The PB smashing run follows a course along the seafront on the promenade from Bournemouth towards Boscombe Pier – with amazing views of The Isle of Wight on the way out and of The Purbecks on the way back.
Book accommodation at The Arlington for the 2018 Bournemouth International Triathlon
The Arlington Hotel offers secure cycle storage and a drying room for wet gear. The start of the triathlon is a short stroll from the Arlington – across the terrace, through the gate into the gardens and down the path.
Call the Arlington on 01202 552879 or book online
Bournemouth International Triathlon – Event Details
- Enter Standard or Sprint distances
- Chip Timed
- Custom Medal for all finishers
- Open Water Sea Swim from award winning blue flag beach
- PB busting flat run course with panoramic views of the Isle of Wight and The Purbecks.
- Flat (for Dorset!) bike course
- Min age to enter is 17 years for both sprint and standard distances
- Age Groups are calculated on your age as of 31st December
- Trophies for 1st, 2nd and 3rd male/female and winners male/female of each age group
- Sea Swim – 750m
- Bike – 20.2 kms
- Run – 5 kms
- Sea Swim – 500m
- Bike – 38.6 kms
- Run – 10 km
Further information and booking details can be found at Offbeat Events.
The Arlington Hotel Bournemouth looks forward to welcoming triathletes to Bournemouth and wish you all well with your training.